Hello there

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello there

Post  lamperouge98 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:42 am

Hey guys. My name is Phil and I'm 18 and from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Even though I'm relatively new to anime (i've only completed about 6 series'), I love it a lot and am fascinated with animation. I can't really draw, but I've got ideas, so I guess that counts for something, right? Anyway, I look forward to getting some good suggestions from you guys here on these forums. See you around

lamperouge98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hey there Phil!

Post  Mitsugi on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:37 am

Welcome Phil to our ranks of anime nerddom. We'll always be reviewing anime on here and so hopefully you'll get a taste for what is good and bad, new and old! I suck at drawing too, but Chiaki, Valentine and Hatake are all good at it. They are all girls so it must be a girl thing...

Hope to hear from you on here and please post in the Podcast section what animes you want reviewed or what topics you'd like to hear about on the podcast. Eventually we want the podcast to eventually be fueled just by what the users what to hear. So let us hear it!!!

By the way, Phil, I'm originally from Wheeling, WV. We're only like 50 miles west of Pittsburgh and its one of the largest cities in WV so I'm sure you know of Wheeling. WOOOO small world!

Mitsugi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello there

Post  Chiaki on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:48 am

HARUDO GEI DESU!!
Mitsugi wrote:WOOOO
Do you not know what this is? Go to Youtube and search Hard Gay Fathers Day... enjoy!

Welcome to the fourms, we hope to make your anime addiction worse. If you're thinking of a new anime to watch and you're not sure if it's good... suggest it! And let us be the gunney pigs!

And yes, I find it's more socially acceptable for girls at young ages to draw over boys, therefore anime-girls want to draw what they see, so most anime-girls aren't helpless with a pencil.

Chiaki

View user profile http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lamperouge98 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:28 am

oops. i meant 8 series'. I keep forgetting a few of them

lamperouge98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I want to say hi too!

Post  Valentine on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:15 pm

Hey Phil!

It's really great to have you here but I noticed that you didn't share with us which anime you've actually seen? So, what HAVE you seen, my dear? What did you especially like? And what are you planning on watching next? Do tell!

<3

Valentine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lamperouge98 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Well, of the series that I have seen, they include Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (part 1 and R2, both fantastic), Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (in english, I'm not a fan of subs, but also fantastic), Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, (I'm a huge fan of Crispin Freeman and Johnny Bosch), Eureka seveN, Kurokami (just finished that today, actually), D.N.Angel (not my favorite, but still a great one), and I've just gotten to the middle of Gundam 00 (double zero). So far, it's holding my interest, but it's not my favorite of mecha animes. If you guys know of a better Gundam series, I'd love a better look at what it's all about. Those are the series I've seen through to the end. I own all of Eureka seveN, and the first half of Code Geass (looking into getting R2 very soon) and parts of Fullmetal Alchemist. I've found a nice juicy vein of the all-important "time" lately, so I'll probably get into more series as time goes by, and now I'm glad I have somewhere to go to introduce me to more series.

As for what I especially liked, Code Geass (1 and R2) is far and away the best anime I've seen to date. It's got everything. Cool robot fights, hot girls, pannies (yes, they do all look the same), a crazy mystical power, Johnny Bosch and Crispin Freeman, and a great story. If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend it. Eureka seveN was also great. The love story in there made me cry at the end, and I'll definitely try to track down one of the showings of the movie in September. Death Note was also a fantastic piece, due to the twisting storyline, and Kira's ultimate end. Another must-see. Anyway, hope to see you guys around the forums. Cheers. Smile

lamperouge98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

recommendations

Post  Mitsugi on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Lamperouge, if you ever are looking for any recommendations, I can give you my viewed anime list with scores.

Mitsugi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatake on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:16 am

Oh ho ho~ I think I just found my new best friend Wink

You're a dub fan, eh? I just so happen to be the resident dub connoisseur in this community *grins* but that's not too important at the moment... Gurren Lagann is without a doubt my favorite series of all time, followed closely by FMA. You have good taste, sir! Must be the Pennsylvania blood that courses through you... Can you tell I'm from PA too? Heh.

Ah, Geass... I'm sitting here staring at the poster on my wall and it's like Lelouch is using his freaky mind power thing to make me watch more. Luckily he's made of paper, otherwise this would be a problem >.>

I must insist that you watch Gundam Wing. It's the best Gundam series by far, complete with a kickass movie called Endless Waltz to end the series.

Also, as a fellow Crispin Freeman fan, I must recommend Hellsing, but make sure you watch Hellsing Ultimate instead of the main series. The animation is much better and it's a lot shorter. Bloody as geck, though, so if you can't stomach that kind of stuff than be warned...

Anyway, hope to talk to you more, I feel like it's so hard to come by people who aren't anti-dubs, and you have good taste for someone who's only seen eight series!! Very Happy

Hatake

View user profile http://kyotofoxfire.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lamperouge98 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Well awesome. Nice to meet you too. What part of PA are you from?
And I'll definitely check out Gundam Wing and Hellsing Ultimate. Thanks for the recommendations! Very Happy

lamperouge98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatake on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Eh, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. Best way to describe my neck of the good ol' northeast PA woods. Glad you're going to watch Wing, it's something you can't miss as a Gundam fan Smile

(...aaand I have to promote, like, every series Scott McNeil has been cast in. It's practically my duty as an eternally loyal fan and admirer of him. He's my hero. xD)

Keep me posted on what you're watching, I'd love to hear about it more.

Hatake

View user profile http://kyotofoxfire.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum