Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Go down

Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  Mitsugi on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:39 am

Don't get me wrong. I'll be at the midnight release, and I'll get 100% of the trophies/achievements, and I'll be awake till 4am the first night playing this game...but still...what the hell was square thinking with this horrible theme song decision for the UK and Americas version. It almost makes me want to go back to Japan and order the Japanese version...SHIT! Both English and Japanese versions below. See for yourself how much better the Japanese theme is...





Please try not to throw up in your mouths too much. It makes me physically ill how Square is DETERMINED to **** up the greatest RPG series of all time...A pity. Crying or Very sad

_________________

Make sure to take a stab at the trivia questions each week. You don't get
penalized
for giving a wrong answer, but you might win a really great prize!
Just send me, Mitsugi, a Private Message via the forum. Good Luck!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LONG LIVE, Great Teacher Onizuka!
avatar
Mitsugi

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 32
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  TheSuspiciousRedLamp on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:46 am

Completely agree with you man!! Ouch... my ears are bleeding!!
avatar
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 24
Location : Blainville, Québec, Canada

View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duskrados

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  Anarchy on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:51 am

True, but I'm liking the game a lot, Lightning is my favorite protagonist in the series(At least so far.), and the gameplay if fantastic!
avatar
Anarchy

Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 27
Location : Here, Obviously..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  Chiaki on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:00 am

As a song, I don't think the English one is that bad. If I heard it by itself on the radio I'd likely enjoy it and listen to it. But, when you compare it to the Japanese song and put it in the context of what it's for the English version doesn't hold a candle.

Plus, I'm a fan of keeping things as original as possible. The creators chose everything for a reason, to change someones work is to verge on producing a new work entirely. I too wish they kept the original theme.

_________________
Can you hear it...?
If you have truly not lost all hope,
Then you can hear it, the sound that races through the revolution of the world!
avatar
Chiaki

Posts : 197
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 28
Location : Osaka, Japan

View user profile http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  bakuhasu on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 pm

I had a talk with my friend G-dragon (You need to be back in the forums man!), and he said that he prefer the Japanese version alot more... I disagree. "My Hands" by Leona Lewis made the International Trailer just had me sold that I preordered the right game. To feel say something a little "trollish" in the forums I think the English version is superior than the Japanese version. Not to mention that I found that the franchise Final Fantasy even more so gaming itself can hire mainstream artist such as Leona Lewis to sing for such a long and prosperous franchise, which is awesome. Fire it away guys!
avatar
bakuhasu

Posts : 504
Join date : 2009-10-15
Age : 26
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  Mitsugi on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Anarchy wrote:True, but I'm liking the game a lot, Lightning is my favorite protagonist in the series(At least so far.), and the gameplay if fantastic!

You make it sound as if you already played it. Care to explain? I had the option of buying it in Japan when I was there this winter. Yet, I passed on that option.

_________________

Make sure to take a stab at the trivia questions each week. You don't get
penalized
for giving a wrong answer, but you might win a really great prize!
Just send me, Mitsugi, a Private Message via the forum. Good Luck!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LONG LIVE, Great Teacher Onizuka!
avatar
Mitsugi

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 32
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  elvenbladerogue on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Anarchy wrote:True, but I'm liking the game a lot, Lightning is my favorite protagonist in the series(At least so far.), and the gameplay if fantastic!

I agree with Mitsugi, you make it sound like you played it already. if so please do tell. if not, how can you say that if you never played. Reading info on the internet is one thing and playing her is something else. they storys on the ent maybe good but you can't go off that.

The english theme song feel more so like a Disney song to me. it doesn't feel final fantasyish enough. the song seem more of a mid game song rather then theme song how i see it as.
avatar
elvenbladerogue

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Orlando, Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  Anarchy on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:09 pm

elvenbladerogue wrote:

I agree with Mitsugi, you make it sound like you played it already. if so please do tell. if not, how can you say that if you never played. Reading info on the internet is one thing and playing her is something else. they storys on the ent maybe good but you can't go off that.

Here: http://www.xbox360iso.com/
This should explain how...

I've only played enough to say the gameplay is excellent, the story, however, is not something I can say much about, not because it's bad, but because I only played for a few minutes.(I refused to play too far into the game, because I'm not going to be playing this particular copy much longer.)

I still plan to buy the game, but a sneak peek is always nice.
And from what I've heard it was available(Maybe still) in Japan for discount prices because of the bought quantity.
avatar
Anarchy

Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 27
Location : Here, Obviously..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  elvenbladerogue on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Anarchy wrote:
elvenbladerogue wrote:

I agree with Mitsugi, you make it sound like you played it already. if so please do tell. if not, how can you say that if you never played. Reading info on the internet is one thing and playing her is something else. they storys on the ent maybe good but you can't go off that.

Here: http://www.xbox360iso.com/
This should explain how...

I've only played enough to say the gameplay is excellent, the story, however, is not something I can say much about, not because it's bad, but because I only played for a few minutes.(I refused to play too far into the game, because I'm not going to be playing this particular copy much longer.)

I still plan to buy the game, but a sneak peek is always nice.
And from what I've heard it was available(Maybe still) in Japan for discount prices because of the bought quantity.

Being a final Fantasy game. playing for a few mins (maybe an hour or so) isn't enough time to be sure about a character. Since they character will developed over time the more you play it. i still say you can't really say that since you didn't put enough time into it yet.
avatar
elvenbladerogue

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Orlando, Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  Anarchy on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:55 pm

elvenbladerogue wrote:
Being a final Fantasy game. playing for a few mins (maybe an hour or so) isn't enough time to be sure about a character. Since they character will developed over time the more you play it. i still say you can't really say that since you didn't put enough time into it yet.
True Enough, but I'm really enjoying the gameplay. I can't say its my favorite so far, but once again I've only played a bit. I believe I like IV, VI And X are my favorites.
avatar
Anarchy

Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 27
Location : Here, Obviously..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  elvenbladerogue on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Anarchy wrote:
elvenbladerogue wrote:
Being a final Fantasy game. playing for a few mins (maybe an hour or so) isn't enough time to be sure about a character. Since they character will developed over time the more you play it. i still say you can't really say that since you didn't put enough time into it yet.
True Enough, but I'm really enjoying the gameplay. I can't say its my favorite so far, but once again I've only played a bit. I believe I like IV, VI And X are my favorites.

Cool, i like FFVII FFIX and FFX the most
avatar
elvenbladerogue

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Orlando, Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FF13 US Ads

Post  Mitsugi on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 am

I think the only way I could understand replacing the game's themesong, which HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE in FF, is because of the Xbox360. The xbox360 is a failure in the Japanese market, so much so that they never even released FF13 on it in Japan. Here, Xbox360's in large part are owned by 14 year old westerners. These people aren't going to connect with a Japanese theme song as much as they would an English theme.

Here is a perfect example of the English theme being used in the US MARKET for an XBOX360 bundle ad.



Another commercial...



ALSO, ANOTHER reason to hate the XBOX360's verson of FF13. According to an interview with Final Fantasy Art Driector, Isamu Kamikokuryou, the final version of FF13 had a lot of content cut in order to allow the game to properly run on the 360. How much content? Enough to create an entire second game. Source --> FF13 Source

Also, the 360 version runs the game in approximately 150p less than the ps3. Source -->FF13 Source Again Also, according to that same source, only 25% of players who plan to purchase the game will do so for the XBOX360.

I don't know who to blame for the content drop(which included a BEAUTIFUL park around Lightning's home Evil or Very Mad) and the theme song change and any other changes, squareenix or microsoft. The only reason this game is being released on 2 consoles at ALL is because of the extreme cost required to make the game. The developer is trying to cover its costs more effectively. It makes sense, but what is the point of spending 1,000,000X dollars to make a game wonderful, and then because you are forced to put it on two consoles to cover costs, you're wonderful game becomes not quite as wonderful...wtf,wtb,fml.

_________________

Make sure to take a stab at the trivia questions each week. You don't get
penalized
for giving a wrong answer, but you might win a really great prize!
Just send me, Mitsugi, a Private Message via the forum. Good Luck!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LONG LIVE, Great Teacher Onizuka!
avatar
Mitsugi

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 32
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  bakuhasu on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:43 am

Don't be mad Mitsugi, I'm getting the PS3 version because of the 18 gigs of content cut in the 360 version. Not to be a fanboy but I mean if you have to choose versions or actually have a choice, you would have to choose one who (in terms of overall content) is better. Again I think the theme song (speaking from a non-veteran side of FF) is a step forward, not back. Yeah but you're right about the overall consumers that are Xbox 360 users which makes Xbox 360 users have a bad taste of the new Final Fantasy.
avatar
bakuhasu

Posts : 504
Join date : 2009-10-15
Age : 26
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  Mitsugi on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:07 am

Baku. What if I want to be mad? I'm just glad that the ps3 is FINALLY outselling the 360 on a week to week basis. SUCH a better console. Now that PS3 has trophies, I have no reason to play XBOX360 EVER AGAIN unless an exclusive comes out for it, WHICH by the way, seems like a rare occurance now a days, while PS3 is getting; The Last Guardian, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, etc...

_________________

Make sure to take a stab at the trivia questions each week. You don't get
penalized
for giving a wrong answer, but you might win a really great prize!
Just send me, Mitsugi, a Private Message via the forum. Good Luck!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LONG LIVE, Great Teacher Onizuka!
avatar
Mitsugi

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 32
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  TheSuspiciousRedLamp on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 am

Completely agree with Mitsugi right there. The only exclusive Xbox games that will come out in a near future are Halo Reach and GOW3 (Gears of War 3). Those games are very good, but The Last Guardian, God of War 3 and... GRAN TURISMO 5 (YEAH BABY!!!) are the games that I'm waiting "impatiently" (if this is a a word).
avatar
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 24
Location : Blainville, Québec, Canada

View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duskrados

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  Mitsugi on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Impatiently is a word and I plan on buying a brand new 900 degree logitech steering wheel for Gran Turismo. Man-o-Man. But seriously, I'm going to have my MBA in only 2 months so I know very well that Square is just trying to localize FF13 for the US market. That might help to explain the theme song. I'm sure that lots of research went into the decision of whether to change it or not, STILL, none of that explains the data loss. That is just a flagrant screw up on the part of both parties. Square for not thinking it through, and Microsoft for making an inferior console.

_________________

Make sure to take a stab at the trivia questions each week. You don't get
penalized
for giving a wrong answer, but you might win a really great prize!
Just send me, Mitsugi, a Private Message via the forum. Good Luck!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LONG LIVE, Great Teacher Onizuka!
avatar
Mitsugi

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 32
Location : Orlando, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  bakuhasu on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:29 pm

I don't want this thread to become like a console war.(I'm just saying that it's turning out for me in that direction) But yes at the end of the day the PS3 version of FF (which I'm getting) is far superior than the 360 version (18 gigs of content compared to the PS triple's 38 gigs of content). Yes I'm getting the ps3 version for that reason. Funny thing is that we're not talking about the overall game LOL! So guys at the end of the day enjoy your FF13!
avatar
bakuhasu

Posts : 504
Join date : 2009-10-15
Age : 26
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seriously..Screw the FFXIII English theme song...WTF!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum