Hey there!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey there!

Post  Kincaid Nau on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Hey everyone! Name's Kincaid I've been an anime fan since I can remember. It all started with Robotech, Voltron and Gundam. Didn't think anything special about it since I grew up with it. It all changed when I moved and saw Fatal Fury and Sailor Moon.

I'm essentially a mech enthusiast. If it had a giant robot, I probably saw it. I also like watching a health dose of romantic comedies, slice of life, and good old fashioned shounen. I've seen so many shows over the years that I've seriously lost count.

I don't really have a real favorite anime per se. I'm currently interested in Gundam 00, Macross Frontier, Hayate no Gotoku, Zetsubou Sensei and Witchblade. If its an all time favorite, I'd have to put Ranma 1/2 really high up there.

As for live action, I've been following Kamen Rider Decade. I grew up on Kamen Rider Black in the 80's so I've always had a soft spot for badly choreographed fight scenes with wacky costumes. The last Japanese drama I saw was the live action version of Gokusen. I need to get back into those dramas.

I used to be a pretty devout RPG gamer awhile back but I've slowed down. The occasional Blaz Blue and Street Fighter can usually tied me over. I've been playing SD Gundam G Generation Wars since it came out. Its really quite challenging since I can't read a word of Japanese. Oh well, that hasn't stopped me before.

Anyway, nice meeting you guys and I hope that we can get to know each other and have some fun here!

Kincaid Nau

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kincaid!

Post  Mitsugi on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:49 pm

Hello there! Welcome to our quiant, but very friendly website! We are very enthusiastic so we hope you enjoy your time here and I hope we become good friends! Feel free to play the trivia and also to make demands of us in the "requests" section of the forum!

See you around!

Mitsugi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey there!

Post  Valentine on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:03 pm

Hey Kincaid!

It's so lovely to see a new face (in a manner of speaking Wink) on the forums! I have to say, I am woefully unversed in mech anime despite growing up with a very mechanically-minded little brother who built Gundam models religiously for years... I did just review Bokurano on Session 5 though - I'm not sure if you've seen it, but it definitely fits into the "giant robot" slot and I quite enjoyed it. Anyway, yes, welcome, hope to hear lots more from you!

<3

Valentine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:06 pm

Welcome! I am not the most avid mech person myself, but I'd be lieing if I said I didn't have a fangirl Duo crush when I watched it on Cartoon Network back in the days of my younger years Very Happy

Hope you enjoy what we do, and I look forward to talking to you!

Chiaki

View user profile http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum